The Fastest- A10 Processor
After the release of iPhone 7 everyone thought what will be the reason behind iPhone 7 being the fastest? So, here reveals the secret behind the fastest iPhone 7 that is A10 processor. Saying this won’t be wrong that apple is unbeatable. It’s the best news for the game lovers that they have the best choice with them in the form of a10 processor with iPhone 7.
If we will compare A10 processor in the iPhone 7 with the A9 processor in the iPhone 6s then A10 processor is 40% faster with 2.33Ghz than the A9 processor with 1.85Ghz. And two times faster than the A8 processor. Whereas A9 is 70% faster than the A8 processor. The A10 processor is 120% faster than the original iPhone.
This A10 processor chip has total 4 cores. The two cores are for high performance cores while the other two are for the efficient working of low power apps. Talking about the graphics performance that is 6 core graphics 50% faster than A9 and 3 times faster than A8. Which makes the A10 the most powerful chip.
Chip architecture & Features
- The A10 die size is 125sq mm with 3.3 billion transistors which is 20% larger than A9 die.
- The chip is built on TSMC process with 16nm FinFet based.
- The A10 processor is packed with TSMC new integrated FanOut that saves space. That makes the processor size incredibly thin. Everything is tightly packed to keep the reasonable size of apple iPhone chip.
- Apple A10 is mounted on the 10nm process.
- Its L3 SRAM cache is of 8 MB.
- The Special focus is given on multi threading performance.
- Apple A10 is 64 bit ARM based SoC(system on chip).
- It is made by TSMC on 16 nm FinFET . FinFET process reduces SRAM area and leakage.
- It has 2.34 GHz CPU.
- 2 GB of RAM in the iPhone 7.
- It has L1 cache of 64 KB for data.
- L2 cache of 3MB shared by both the cores.
- L3 cache of 4MB for the entire SoC.
- The battery is 1960mAh in iPhone 7 while that of iphone 6 is 1810mAh.
- About the battery life it’s the highest in the all iPhones and works 2hours longer in iPhone 7 than the A9 in iPhone 6s.
Comparing it with Intel processor
The powerful graphics is the USB of A10 processor. The Intel’s processors also have the powerful on board graphic but its inferior when compared with the A10 processor. A10 is mostly choose by the game lovers with high budget either ways Intel’s is also a good option. Even while programming a10 processor is helpful.
Gaming without external graphics card A10 is best choice else Intel. A10 processor excels in the multithreaded performance while Intel excels in the single threaded performance. A10 processor provides 4 cores in laptops and notepads while 2 cores are provided by Intel for the same. While both the processors provide 4 cores in the desktop. Both the companies are important and market leading but apple takes a leap with A10 processor.
Waiting for A11 Processor Coming Soon… If you like the post then kindly share it.