Quantum computer has been around, in theory if not in practice for several decades. The computers which we have been using today are know as classical computers and they’ve been a driving force in the world for decades- advancing from healthcare to how we shop. But there are some problems which classical computers will never be able to solve. Here comes the need of some super computers but we need more than that which will be able to go at the particle level of the need.
The potential of Quantum computing is enormous. Nature is full of physics and quantum mechanics plays a big role in understanding the natures problem at it’s fundamental or particle level. As the Big Giant America in the world is trying to make a breakthrough in 6th generation super computers with the help of India’s prestigious language “Sanskrit”. But the new Quantum technology has given the world to go beyond super computers and make a breakthrough in solving problems at particle level.
Quantum computing harnesses the quantum phenomena and potentially process unimaginable of data information in a novel and promising way. “I would argue that a working quantum computer is perhaps the most sophisticated technology that humans have ever built,” said Chad Rigetti, founder and chief executive officer of Rigetti Computing, a startup in Berkeley, Calif.
How do Quantum Computers works?
Classical computers process information or data in bits. Each bit can take only 1 or 0. The 1s and 0s act as on/off switches and ultimately drive our computers functions. On the other hand, Quantum computers works on qubits, which operate according to two key principles of quantum mechanics- superposition and entanglement.
- Superposition frees us from the binary constraint. Rather than representing in bits these particles can represented in qubits, which can take 0s or 1s or both simultaneously. “If you do something to (such a quantum system), it’s as though you are doing it simultaneously to 0s and to 1s,” explains Richard Jozsa, a pioneer of quantum computing at the University of Cambridge.
- Entanglement means the qubits in superposition can be correlated with each other. As you increase the number of qubits, the number of those correlations grows exponentially i.e one state of one(whether it is 1 or 0) depends on another.
By implementing these two quantum mechanics principle, qubits can act as more sophisticated switches and enabling quantum computers function in such way, that it can solve any problem which are intractable in today’s world.
Quantum Computers Will Be Incredibly Useful For-
The power of quantum computers is impressive and has the capability to solve the problem at particle level which makes it a giant in it the field of computers. Below are the areas that may be revolutionized by quantum computing.
Medicine & Materials
- Leading to discovery of new medicine and materials by untangling the complexity of molecular and chemical interactions.
- This implication will produce more efficient product from solar cells to pharmaceutical drugs.
- Mostly understanding the Nature.
- When it comes to process a large amount of data sets or searching a image or video at the instance with the help of AI. Quantum computing will make it much more powerful in processing a large amount of data sets and in machine learning.
- As it is said AI will be to twenty-first century, quantum computers will boost the AI industry.
- Mostly the online security is done by applying various algorithm or factoring large numbers into prime. While this process presently requires a digital computers which can search through every possible factor which makes it more expensive and impractical.
- To keep your data safe no matter where it is stored or process it can be achieved by using the quantum laws. Recently China has made a computer which is unhackable using quantum mechanics.
- In today’s world there is more complicated modern market in existence. Increasingly scientific and mathematical tools are developed to address this complication, but it suffers through the no control place where it can run it’s experiment.
- To solve this problem market had moved towards quantum computers. Finding new ways to model financial data and isolating key global risk factors to make better investments.
- Today the GDP of the whole a country is directly or indirectly being affected by weather. The prediction of weather would have enormous benefit to many fields, this ability to do so will help us to take over the disasters.
- Quantum computing will help in understanding the weather more easily and will play a important role in a country GDP.
What are Big Giants doing in Quantum Computer
Recently Giants like IBM Q, Google, Microsoft, NASA, ISRO and many top university of the world doing there best in understanding quantum computers and implementing it. As IBM-Q is much ahead in discovering quantum computers, recently Google and Microsoft have also shown there interest and slowly discovering quantum computers.
Google is closer to make a breakthrough in quantum computers by producing a 49 qubit processor which will be able to solve problems which are impossible in today’s world. The breakthrough would at end of this year i.e 2017. Google has made 20 qubit machine which is under testing and it works around 99.95 percent normally.
Recently China had made a Satellite using quantum computing which will boost china progress in the development of advance future of the world. Microsoft announced that it has hired new leaders in the quantum computing field and is expanding its efforts to develop its own machine.
NASA Quantum Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (QuAIL) is the space agency’s hub for an experiment to assess the potential of quantum computers to perform calculations that are difficult or impossible using conventional supercomputers.
Do comment what do you think about quantum computing and keep your idea about it. If you like the post kindly share it.
Also Checkout:- Time Travel using simple Physic.
Image Credit: IQOQI Innsbruck/Harald Ritsch