Dual Booting your laptop is very confusing to a new beginner. Dual Booting give you a solution to make use of multiple operating system. There is another way where you can make use of multiple OS without Dual Boot is Hypervisor i.e Virtual Machine Monitor. Drawback of Hypervisor is that, it doesn’t perform well, it doesn’t give the feel of using a OS on existing OS.
New Beginners here is the solution for Dual Booting your Laptop or Desktop. I’m going to tell you the steps which are applicable to Laptop or Desktop. You can install any OS using this steps easily without wasting much time. I’m going to install Ubuntu(linux) OS on my Laptop.
Dual Boot your laptop or Desktop can be done by two way’s, first way is Bootable CD and second is Bootable USB. Simplest way of doing is by Bootable USB. Because Bootable USB is very easy and doesn’t need any kind of great Knowledge in Dual Booting.
Download .iso file
- First you need to download the .iso of the OS which you are going to install.
- Here I’m going to install Ubuntu. So let first download .iso file of Ubuntu.
- If your laptop or Desktop is 32bit, then download 32bit .iso file.
- If your laptop or Desktop is 64bit, then download 64bit .iso file.
- Click on Download.
- Here I’m going to install 64bit iso file. So for 32bit the steps will remain same.
- Click on Not now, take me to the download.
- Your download will start
Create Bootable USB
- After the download is finish let us make our USB Bootable.
- There are many software for making USB Bootable put preferred Universal USB Installer.
- Click on Universal USB Installer.
- Download the Universal USB Installer.
- Connect you USB to laptop.
- open UUI.exe file and agree.
- Clearfully follow the steps shown in below images.
- Click on close after install completely.
Create Free Space
- TO install the another OS we have to create some space.
- So, right click on This PC.
- Click on Manage.
- Them Disk Management.
- Create some free space around 60GB. 60GB is more than sufficient.
- To create just see which local disk is more free with more space.
- select that and right click on it.
- select shrink and enter 60000 and create.
- Keep it unallocated. Do not allocate the free space you have created.
- Now restart the Laptop.
- Do not unplug your USB Still the OS is installed completely.
- If after restart the USB should boot directly.
- If not then, when your laptop restart press ESC button continuously.
- IT will show various functions but pres F9 BIOS Device Option.
- It will show the below image and then press enter on USB Hard Drive <UEFI> – Sandisk Cruzer Blade.
- It will show the below image which will ask you if you want to try Ubuntu means it will be like plug and play and another Install Ubuntu. So go on Install Ubuntu and press Enter.
- Select language you know and continue.
- Click on both of the checkbox and continue.
- Install Ubuntu alongside windows 10 and continue.
- It should not ask for manually create space and ask for where are you(location). If asked then just go for install with free space. Because we have already created free space on your Hard disk.
- Select your Location by clicking on map and continue.
- Select your keyboard layout and continue.
- Fill the information ask in who are you.
- Installing will start.
- After Installation is finished then restart your OS.
- The Bootloader should load both the Ubuntu and windows.
- If not again restart->press ESC continuously->F9->Ubuntu bootloader.
- Then it will start Ubuntu Bootloader and enter on Ubuntu.
Here is the solution of Installing another OS or Dual Booting.Feel free to ask me. If you liked and feel that it is much easier. Kindly share it.